Due to a scheduling conflict for the K-Life Staff on the weekend of the 24th we will be moving the date of the Hunt the Zoo up one week.
This Saturday Sept. 17th, K-Life will be visiting the nationally recognized Henry Doorly Zoo for a good old fashion Scavenger Hunt!
We will meet outside the main entrance at 9:45am and will start the scavenger hunt at 10:00. The hunt will end at 12:30 and the winning team will be announced at 1:00.
All Junior High Students are welcome and we encourage everyone to bring their friends with them!
Please bring weather appropriate clothes and $13.50 for park entrance.
Students will need a photo taking device (digital camera or cell phone with camera feature) to prove that they accomplished all the tasks in the hunt.
Please fill out the liability release form on the side of this page.
Bonus Clue for the Hunt: It comes in a can and is normally called Chicken of the Sea
Rules for the Scavenger Hunt:
- All team members need to stay with their team at all times. You may not split up to "divide" scavenger hunt tasks or pay or bribe additional individuals to join your team and complete your tasks.
- Remember you are representing Christ in all that you do, please represent Him well!!!
- Some scavenger hunt tasks deal with strangers... It's very important to be kind and respectful with strangers, and with that said - always be on guard and stay safe, use your healthy judgment when it comes to people you don't know.
- NO harassing citizens of your town, physically or verbally for items or photographs. It is their right to choose not to help you and you should respect that (even if you think they are lame for not helping you).
- Teams must be courteous and respectful to their teammates and all the outside people involved in the scavenger hunt.
- No breaking any laws! Scavenger hunts are for having fun, but you must do so legally! If you break any laws during the duration of the scavenger hunt, your team will be disqualified. This includes (but is not limited to) - shoplifting, assault, trespassing, blackmail, bribery, forgery, perjury, fraud, etc.!
- If businesses or private individuals lend you items it's okay, but please note that it is each team's responsibility to return any borrowed items to their original owners (if requested).
- Stay inside the Zoo at all times. Everyone needs to know the boundaries of the scavenger hunt. Make it very clear what they are, whether they are inside, outside, in a certain neighborhood, etc.
- Always play fair. Don't let your competitive instincts drive you to ruin other people's chances to win, if you do - you're team might be disqualified. This means no cheating, lying, stealing, sabotaging, or copying other people's work. Sabotaging other teams will result in disqualification.
- After the scavenger hunt is over and the scoring takes place, items that were collected will need to be disposed of smartly (if you can recycle any items- recycle!, or give to someone who can make use of any of the items).
- Your team will receive two copies of the challenges at the start of the Hunt.
- Spending money to acquire items on the list is not required. If you are strategic enough you can complete the scavenger hunt at a minimal cost! It is discouraged to spend money excessively (especially because most of the fun is being creative on how you get the items on the list).
- You must take a picture of your entire team (minus the one person taking the picture) at the specified location.
- Make sure each team has a mobile phone and contact numbers in the case of an emergency.
- No littering. Always clean up after yourselves and your teammates.
- Cheaters never win. If anyone on your team cheats or breaks the rules, the whole team gets disqualified. Remember - it's just a game! Be kind and have fun :-)
- Judges determinations after the scavenger hunt are final.